- Event Name
- BASIC SKILLS Currumbin Join as a Member and Stay the weekend
- Organisation Type
- Organisation Name
- Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc
- Club Members Only
- Event Start Date
- Event Start Time
- Event End Date
- Event Finish Time
- Is non-financial member registration allowed?
- Participants Gender
- Type of Event
- Accepting Entries
- Who is responsible for the overall event?
- Tony Hirst
- Organiser's Email Address
- Event Registration Manager
- Events co-ordinators
- Event Registration Manager's Email Address?
- Normal Closing Date for Registration
- Final Closing Date for Registration
- Event Description
If YOU BECOME A QSKC MEMBER FOR THIS SKILLS DAY YOU WILL THEN BE ABLE TO PARTICAPATE IN THE REST OF THE ACTIVITIES OF THE CURRUMBIN SKILLS WEEKEND. COST TO JOIN IS $55.00 FROM THE 1/4/2017
$10 for the optional certificate payable on the day.
All participants must have the use of their own Sea Kayak including Spray Skirt and Life Jacket.
The candidate shall demonstrate competence in all of the following areas:
· Present craft and equipment for inspection (hatches and other equipment set or stowed ready for launch, spare equipment waterproofed).
· Swim 50 metres in canoeing clothes (shirt, shorts and sandshoes as a minimum, and with a life jacket, and swim under the craft to surface on the other side
· Show, to the Assessor’s satisfaction, a full understanding of the basic safety requirements for paddlers and their craft, and appreciation of the use of PFDs.
· Launch the craft, embark and paddle away from the launching point
· Understanding of correct posture and basic injury prevention
· Paddling forwards, backwards, and emergency stops
· Turning the craft
· Coming alongside another craft, and also a clear approach to the launching point
· Disembark, then re-embark, paddle to deep water, capsize and assist with a deepwater rescue or swim the craft ashore
· The use of the paddle as a means of support on the water.
For additional information please contact the Trip Leader
- Event Website
|Powe, Wendy||Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc|