- Event Name
- Noosa Bar and Headlands (Grade2)
- Organisation Type
- Organisation Name
- Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc
- Club Members Only
- Event Start Date
- Event Start Time
- Event End Date
- Event Finish Time
- Is non-financial member registration allowed?
- Participants Gender
- Maximum number of Participants
- Type of Event
- Accepting Entries
- Who is responsible for the overall event?
- Dean McMaster
- Organiser's Email Address
- Event Registration Manager
- Events Coordinator
- Event Registration Manager's Email Address?
- Recreational - Sea Kayaking,
- Normal Closing Date for Registration
- Final Closing Date for Registration
- Event Description
Participants meet at Noosa Lions Park for vessel checks and revision of basic skills. Practice rescues and basic strokes. Revision of COLREGS (collision regulations) Then dependent on group capability paddle to Noosa Bar for crossing to Ocean and paddle to Hells Gates or Sunshine Beach. If seas too big and group competency not up to bar crossing, group can portage from Noosa Woods enclosed waters approx 500m to Noosa Groyne and launch in usually small surf from there.
- Event Website
|Hessling, Mark||Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc|
|Hirst, Tony||Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc|
|Norfolk, Helena||Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc|
|Johnston, Gordon||Queensland Sea Kayak Club Inc|